Notice: Free Virtual Hosting Project Service Discontinued

Given that the current free web hosting project has virtually no visibility, there are many better options available, and we don’t have the time to maintain it, we’ve decided to terminate this project that most people don’t even know about.

:grin:

If you have any important data there (though I doubt it), please move it elsewhere as soon as possible. We recommend using web hosts such as serv00.

12 Likes

Support

Support :ac32:

RIP from the front row

1 Like

“Extremely low visibility”
Doesn’t that mean that not many people use it and the cost is low?

Ugh, I can’t sign up for serv00.

Support

It might be pretty niche—I’m hearing about it for the first time.

When did this happen?

I applied for it, but never got to use it. I can’t connect via FTP, and I heard you need to use software on a PC to connect.

I haven’t used virtual hosting much. I used to use the little VPS, but it’s gone now.

A sigh…

Please don’t discontinue the free domain service.

Why do I only have 2 credits for free domains? :xhj17:

Why was it stopped when it was working perfectly fine? There are still lots of people using it…

1 Like

Aside from the domain name, nothing from nodeloc has lasted very long.

Cloud storage, email, and image hosting have all been stable for several years.

Those are just excuses—vmiss is completely full. How could nobody be using it? You could argue that the load might not be very high, and that’s possible. But nodeloc is so unstable; who would dare put important, busy services on it?

How many people know about or use the cloud drive and image transfer? I don’t use either of them. Email used to run into problems every few days. It may be more stable now, but it’s still not reliable enough to use as my primary email.

Quite a few people use the cloud storage. Hardly anyone uses the image hosting, since images can be uploaded directly to the community.

Even fewer people use this web hosting service, so it was shut down.