It won’t stay stable for long. One of my accounts has already been banned a second time. It was just appealed yesterday, and I didn’t switch IPs or devices.
Hmm
Then this account is secure. Link a secondary account, at most retrieve a verification code in the assistant email, and remember not to link a phone number.
Why do people say it’s safer if you don’t have to link a phone number?
Also, when doing verification steps other than two-factor authentication, like for sensitive actions, can you use email verification instead?
What happens if you link your phone number?
Do you have relatives at Google?
It’s actually pretty easy to get a new account unbanned. When I appealed before, I just wrote in Chinese: “Newly registered account, it’s me using it.” The next day it was unbanned.
Is there still a risk of getting banned in the future if I don’t do anything wrong?
I registered an account last year and it hasn’t been banned.
I got banned as soon as I applied, appealed on the same day and was unbanned the same day. There haven’t been any problems since January 26.
Because it considers you a real user who registered personally and is using a home broadband connection, it completely trusts you—even if you frequently change your IP or log in from different devices, it doesn’t require verification, just your password.
Usually not—the idx can be completely hacked and they still won’t ban your account, they just won’t let you use their cloud services.
Not bad
Not necessarily, this seems to be something you get as soon as you register (I think). If your IP becomes unstable later on, it might ask you to verify your phone number.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. No new replies are allowed.